Corporate Risk Manager
NYSTEC is a not-for-profit technology consulting company, advising agencies, organizations, institutions, and businesses since 1996. We’re independent and vendor-neutral – so we have our clients’ best interests at heart. At NYSTEC, we know that we succeed when individuals and teams flourish personally and professionally, so our benefits and perks support this mindset. Are you ready to contribute to our engaged workforce and deliver the NYSTEC Experience?
About the Role:
As a Corporate Risk Manager at NYSTEC, you will collaborate with team members to conceptualize, deliver, and support the company, our clients, and our teams. At NYSTEC, we understand that it’s imperative for consulting companies to have an internal team who can provide the foundational support our consultants need, allowing them to fully support our clients.
Serving as Corporate Risk Manager, you will develop strategies, practices, training and objectives for the risk management operations of NYSTEC to advance NYSTEC’s mission and support the company’s strategic plan.
• Develop and nurture formal and informal relationships with a wide network of individuals, beyond those involved in current activities, including potential clients, stakeholders and information links
• Identify potential strategic, operational, and institutional risks to the operation of a 501(c)(3) technology professional services Corporation.
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to design and implement solutions that mitigate risk, enable staff to continue to deliver exceptional service to internal and external clients and creating only a reasonable burden on the team(s) that need to support the solution.
• Build capacity among NYSTEC leadership, managers and staff to identify and mitigate risks.
• Evaluate and monitor risk mitigation strategies to determine whether the implementation of risk management options achieved the stated goals and objectives.
• Understanding of the Corporate environment in which risks are to be managed, considering political, policy concerns, mission needs, stakeholder interests, safety and risk tolerance.
• Ability to understand organization’s business objectives
• High level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity
• Demonstrated decision making and problem-solving skills
• Strategic thinker with a focus in solution-oriented analysis
• Thorough understanding of policies and best practices of risk management for a
technology professional service (501 (c)(3). Corporation
• Broad knowledge of corporate law and working knowledge of company contracts,
policies and operations.
• Demonstrated experience with corporate governance and advisement to a wide
variety of stakeholders
• Strong business judgment and the ability to impart immediate trust and legitimacy
Education and Experience
• Minimum of a Bachelors in a relevant field with 10 years’ experience in, corporate
compliance, risk management or other related fields. Prior management experience
and knowledge of 501(c)(3) in a technology professional services Corporation
preferred. Equivalent combination of advanced education, training, and experience
will be considered.
If you’re an effective communicator who enjoys working in complex and collaborative
environments, utilizing your critical thinking and research skills to develop solutions for
clients, providing support to customers, and have the required education, experience and
skills, we want to hear from you.
It is NYSTEC's policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all individuals, regardless of
actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and
related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), age,
national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition
as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, military service and veteran status,
sexual orientation, marital status, , or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law
and ordinances. NYSTEC is strongly committed to this policy and believes in the concept and spirit of
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa
sponsorship now or in the future.
Learn More About NYSTEC – www.nystec.com